Dear Friends of Aldermere Farm,
Our thoughts are with you as you and your loved ones grapple with COVID-19 and this moment of great uncertainty. Here at Aldermere Farm, our first priority right now is to ensure the health and safety of our fellow Maine Coast Heritage Trust staff members, partners, and community members. Thank you for your understanding and for joining us in this effort.
Programs and events cancelled
In keeping with health officials’ recommendations, we have cancelled all events and programs at Erickson Fields and Aldermere Farm through May 3, 2020. Please check our website or subscribe to our e-news for updates.
Aldermere office closed
The Aldermere Office, including the store for beef, is closed to the public until further notice. Reservations for bulk beef orders can be made via email, . We will have a weekly designated pick-up time. Please be in touch for more information.
Erickson Fields and Aldermere Farm trails remain open
Right now, the trails at Erickson Fields and Aldermere Farm remain open to the public, and we continue to encourage their use. We hope the resource of open land, fresh air, and sunlight will provide some comfort and relief for those able to visit. We are closely monitoring the situation and taking guidance from the CDC and local health authorities. We ask that you do the same.
For those able to visit MCHT preserves, we ask that you please take every precaution to prevent the spread of the virus. Here are some guidelines:
- If you feel sick, stay home
- Follow the CDC’s guidelines around personal hygiene – including washing your hands, sanitizing appropriate surfaces, etc.
- Keep a distance of at least six feet from other preserve visitors
- Attempt to visit a preserve at a time when it’s less likely to be busy
- If you find a preserve or park crowded, please return at another time
- Pay attention to local ordinances and special orders
- Check out a blog from the National Recreation and Park Association on practicing safe social distancing while enjoying the outdoors
General Manager, Aldermere Farm and Erickson Fields