News updates from Aldermere Farm and Erickson Fields.
- You can also subscribe to our e-newsletter
- Erickson Fields Harvest Celebration recognizes Teen Ag crew September 18, 2019 - Article By Gabriel Blodgett published by VillageSoup on September 3, 2019
- NEAEC selects Aldermere Farm for community service project June 3, 2019 - A group of volunteers from NEAEC contributed 32 hours of trail work at Aldermere Farm on May 23rd.
- Aldermere Farm and MCHT celebrate 20 years together May 17, 2019 - Article By Gabriel Blodgett published by VillageSoup on May 07, 2019
- 16th Calf Unveiling, 20 years of conservation April 22, 2019 - This year Aldermere Farm will celebrate its 16th Calf Unveiling and its 20th anniversary as a preserve of Maine Coast Heritage Trust.
- Mid-Coast Farmers Alliance Releases Food Buyers Survey March 22, 2019 - Help connect midcoast farms with food buyers. Take 5 minute to complete an online survey.
- Rockport Tree Planting Program Accepting Applications March 13, 2019 - “This collaboration is a great model for how to cost-effectively run a public town tree planting program. It helps build partnerships and strengthen community. Another layer of this program that is even more powerful is the involvement of high school students. By helping raise the nursery trees, the teens are learning new skills and engaging with their community.”
- Farmers invited to Calf Unveiling Day March 7, 2019 - Farms with animals, vegetables, fruit, or flower products may set up a table or pen and display their information and goods for sale at Aldermere Farm's most popular event, Calf Unveiling Day on May 4th.
- Volunteers Sought for Kids Can Grow March 7, 2019 - Gardeners sought to mentor families in Kids Can Grow program at Erickson Fields Preserve.
- Paid Ag Internship for Teens at Erickson Fields March 6, 2019 - Maine Coast Heritage Trust seeks independent, creative, hardworking teens ages 14-18.
- Plots available in the Erickson Fields Community Garden March 1, 2019 - Join others with dirty fingernails and turn gardening dreams into a delicious reality!
- Farming from Tanzania to Maine November 8, 2018 - MCHT Teen Ag crew member tells of her experience growing food for her community at Erickson Fields Preserve.
- Scarecrow Competition benefits Food Pantry October 17, 2018 - “We decided to connect the scarecrow competition to our theme a of giving back to the community. Next week, we will deliver beef to Come Spring Food Pantry. It feels great to support an organization like Come Spring Food Pantry that is completely volunteer-run and helps so many people in need.”
- Visitor Center open through September July 1, 2018 - Aldermere Farm's Visitor Center will be open from Monday, July 2, through September
- A Familiar Face on the Farm May 30, 2018 - Ellie Pendleton, Aldermere Farm’s new onsite Herd Management Assistant, first came to Aldermere Farm as a ten-year-old in the Farm Hands program. Later, through Aldermere Achiever’s 4-H program and other agricultural leadership opportunities, Ellie gained great respect in the cattle industry in the Northeast. She went on to study Animal Science and Biology at the…
- Heidi Baker becomes Aldermere Farm Manager January 15, 2018 - After serving as Aldermere Farm Herd Manager for over five years, Baker now to oversee Aldermere Farm and Erickson Fields.
- Beach to Beech 5K October 14, 2017 - On October 14th, the Rockport community celebrated the grand opening of the newest extension of MCHT’s trail at Erickson Fields with a race to the top.
- With Spring Comes New Life at Aldermere Farm May 6, 2017 - “Heidi always makes the right call when it comes to a tricky birth,” says Pearl Benjamin, member of the Aldermere Achievers 4-H Club, “whether that is pulling the calf, calling the vet, or maneuvering a twisted calf into the right position. She has saved too many calf lives to count, and I can tell that every birth touches her.”
- Rockport launches new Roadside Tree Planting Program March 1, 2017 - The Town of Rockport, Rockport Garden Club and Maine Coast Heritage Trust have launched a collaborative tree planting program to enhance the town by planting and preserving shade-bearing trees along the roadsides.
- Hiring 2016 Teen Agricultural Crew January 17, 2016 - Maine Coast Heritage Trust seeks independent, creative, hardworking teens ages 14-18.
- Teen Ag Crew Reflects on 2015 December 17, 2015 - MCHT’s Teen Agriculture Crew gathered with family and friends to celebrate the completion of the program’s sixth season at Erickson Fields Preserve.
- Aldermere Achievers 4-H Club return with awards from National Expo November 24, 2015 - On Nov. 18, the Aldermere Achievers 4-H Club returned from a whirlwind trip with their Belted Galloway cattle to the North American International Livestock Exposition in Kentucky, the largest all-breed, purebred livestock event in the world.
- ‘The Farm,’ down on the farm – By Dagney C. Ernest June 15, 2015 - On June 4, a day before two of the class members were to graduate after fives years in the Transitional Life Skills program, the Adaptive Art Class students Camden Hill Regional High School brought "The Farm" ... to the farm.
- Spotlight on… Volunteer Pam MacBrayne June 1, 2015 - Pam MacBrayne has lived next door to Aldermere Farm for 23 years and remembers well when it was privately owned. While beautiful, it was clearly someone else’s farm with limited access. Maine Coast Heritage Trust’s mission to share the farm…
- Aldermere Cow Wins “Show Dam of the Year” January 26, 2015 - The Belted Galloway Society, Inc. has announced the Lifetime and Yearly Awards. Excerpt below from the US Beltie News, January 2015 Show Dam of the Year, Aldermere Xanderlee 32345B, continues to build her legacy as one of the signature females…
- Year In Review: 2014 January 5, 2015 - The year started with strong sales of the farm’s 100% grass-fed beef, which is only available a couple of times a year. Strong beef sales continued throughout the year ending with the highest beef sales since the farm started selling…
- Fifteen Years and On the Way to Forever December 10, 2014 - When Albert Chatfield Jr., original owner of Aldermere Farm, passed away in the fall of 1999 the farm transferred into the hands of Maine Coast Heritage Trust to own and manage.
- Spotlight on… Volunteer Ann Vanosdol December 9, 2014 - At Aldermere Farm and Erickson Fields Preserve, there are many people who give their time to help support the work at the two properties. In fact, last year there were 101 volunteers who put in over 2000 hours of time!