News and Events
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust embarks on $3 million campaign for Aldermere Farm, Erickson Fields improvements - “Aldermere Farm and Erickson Fields were originally established as working farms, not as public preserves,” said Kate Stookey, president and CEO of Maine Coast Heritage Trust. “Yet for generations, they have done a remarkable job of welcoming thousands of annual visitors while fostering powerful connections between the food we eat and the land that sustains us."
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust expands staff - “I believe strongly in fostering the curiosity, work ethic and knowledge needed to thrive out in the world. I have experienced so many kids gain these skills by working, playing, and learning through the lens of agriculture, and there are few better (or more beautiful) places to do that than Aldermere Farm.” - Calder Gladstone
- Midcoast Farmers Alliance to discuss collaborative or cooperative for farmers - At the KCFC meeting, presenters will be introducing MFA to the broader food collective, talking about local food distribution needs and the collaboration between Maine Coast Heritage Trust, Maine Farmland Trust and Midcoast Farmers Alliance, and brainstorming with participants how the proposed project can increase food security.
- Volunteers Sought for Kids Can Grow Program at Erickson Fields Preserve - "In a single growing season, people can learn skills and habits that serve them well for life. It’s gratifying to be part of that process.” - MCHT volunteer Marina Schauffler
- Registration Open for Kids Can Grow Program at Erickson Fields Preserve - Erickson Fields will host a six-month session of Kids Can Grow, a program introducing families with young children to growing vegetables for healthy eating.