Knox County Food Council
Maine Coast Heritage Trust is a founding member of the Knox County Food Council, a community-based coalition that formed in 2019 to promote a more resilient food system in Knox County, Maine.
- Visit kcfoodcouncil.com to learn more.
- Subscribe here to receive KCFC news and links to upcoming meetings.
Knox County Food Council Charter
Become a Charter Champion by endorsing KCFC’s Charter below.
We commit to support…
Health and Wellness
- by assuring affordable, safe, healthy food as an essential building block for physical, mental, spiritual, social and emotional wellbeing
- by creating awareness of the relationship between our food system and our environment, our health, and our local economy
- by creating initiatives that develop food literacy and hands on skills
- by fostering the next generation of caretakers of our food system
Sustainable Economic Development
- by supporting a local food system that supports economically sustainable farming, processing, and the distribution of food
- by aligning with local agencies to create mutually beneficial relationships among all participants and stakeholders in the economic chain
- by creating the community infrastructure necessary to support the food system
- by promoting our region as an agricultural and culinary destination
- by reaffirming that safe, healthy and affordable food and clean water are a basic human right
- by promoting environmental policies that support healthy food for all through support of programs addressing community infrastructure; income, housing, healthcare, education, employment and transportation
- by fostering food self-reliance through community food programs to reduce dependence on emergency food services
- by protecting and preserving farmland and marine resources for local food production
- by conscientiously producing, processing, distributing and recapturing foods in a way that reduces waste and conserves energy with minimal impact on the natural environment
- by celebrating and promoting respect for traditional, cultural and spiritual food diversity
- by promoting the dignity and responsibility of growing, preparing and enjoying food
- by connecting our rich agricultural and maritime heritage to our contemporary food practices
After you submit your endorsement below, your name will be proudly, publicly displayed as a KCFC Charter Champion.
Endorse Knox County Food Council’s Charter
Knox County Food Council Charter Champions
- AIO Food and Energy Assistance
- Chelsea Maude Avirett, Rockland
- Christina Banks, Thomaston
- Dorothy Brayley, Cushing
- Deborah Cook, Camden
- Peggy Fitzgerald, Spruce Head
- Good Shepherd Food Bank
- David Hutchison, Camden
- Nancy Jenkins, Camden
- Knox County Gleaners
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust
- Mid-Maine Forestry
- Gilliad Munden, Rockland
- Daniel O’Connell, Camden
- Rockland Heart & Soul
- The Salvation Army, Rockland
- Sani e Felici Farm
- Drucinda Woodman, Rockland
Knox County partners advocating for a community based healthy food system for all.
Knox County Food Council will become the leader in creating a collaborative food system in order to advance a resilient and sustainable network assuring access to healthy resources for our communities.